I've never thought of this before, but I could see having a blog site as being of some use to a teacher. For students, you could have entries about the lesson you had that day and have students comment on what they learned. It could be used as a means to post notes for the day, so that students who missed class can catch up, or can review on the blog site. It can also be a means of keeping students informed with class news or any last minute reminders. Of course, you could post homework assignments on the blog as well. However, there may be some drawbacks. The student would have to constantly be checking back to the blog, and if they forget, that could be detrimental to their grade. I also don't see this tying into music at all, because the nature of the subject is hands-on. I wouldn't use this for the students, because outside of the class it wouldn't be as useful to me as other means of technology or communication. Because of this, I would rather use it for the parents.
I think the blog is a great way to keep parents in the loop. They could check the site once or twice a week for updates on their child's class and what is being learned in that class. You could post class expectations, future concert and field trip events, composer biographies of the people the students learn about, or post overviews of the lesson that week. I think that could be a great way of keeping parents in the loop and reminding them of upcoming events, concerts, or field trips. You could also post for help if you needed volunteers for chaperones or ushers for concerts, or ask if anyone has old instruments to donate. You could also inform the parents of upcoming conferences. If I had to do a blog, I would rather utilize it for the parents instead of the students.
No comments:
Post a Comment